DELAWARE'S RENEWABLE PORTFOLIO STANDARD
- Beginning with the 2012 Compliance Year, Delmarva Power & Light is responsible for the RPS compliance obligation with respect to energy delivered to its End-Use Customers. See 26 Del. Admin. C. Section 3.2.3
- Any retail electric supplier that entered into retail supply contracts prior to March 1, 2012 that included RPS compliance costs for Compliance Year 2012 and thereafter and that extended beyond June 1, 2012 need to read the transitional process set forth in 26 Del. Admin. C. Section 3.2.3 to determine how its RPS obligation will be handled with Delmarva
Retail Suppliers with retail sales of marketed Green Power Products need to submit a report by Sept. 29, 2014 26 Del. Admin. C. Sections 3001- 3.9, 6.0
- The report format will be on this webpage at a later date.
- Renewable Energy Credits (REC)s or SRECs retired in GATS cannot be used to meet compliance in successive years.
- A Green Power Product is defined as an Electric Supply Service which is marketed or otherwise advertised as having a generation resource mix consisting of Eligible Energy Resources above the current Compliance Year's Cumulative Minimum Percentage found in 26 Del. Admin. C. Section 3008-3.2.1
- RECs or SRECs submitted in compliance with this regulation may be dated no earlier than 3 years prior to the beginning of the current compliance year. See 26 Del. Admin. C. Section 3.3.3
- Reports should include GATS documentation of retired RECs and SRECs.
- The report does not use fractional RECs or SRECs. Fractions should be rounded up or down.
ANNUAL RETAIL ELECTRICITY SUPPLIERS VERIFICATION OF COMPLIANCE REPORT
Only Delmarva Power & Light must submit a Compliance Report within 120 days of the end of the Compliance Year or by September 30, 2013. Instructions for filing are included in the report. If you have any questions regarding the report, please contact Pamela.Knotts@state.de.us or call (302) 736-7500.
List of Certified Eligible Energy ResourcesList of Certified Eligible Energy Resources
- PSC Docket No. 14-41 (Filed on January 27, 2014) - Delmarva Power & Light filed an application and it's report in support of the application with the Commission for approval of the 2014 Program for the Procurement of Solar Renewable Credits. Please refer to the Commission Calendar for dates.
- PSC Docket No. 13-99 - On March 11, 2013, Delmarva Power & Light filed an application , with the Commission for the approval to enter into a contract to purchase solar renewable energy credits ("SRECs") from Washington Gas Energy Services, Inc. ("WGES"). The Commission opened the docket on March 19, 2013 via Order No. 8325. Staff filed direct testimony on April 1, 2013. Comments from DNREC, and the Attorney General were received. Please see the Commission calendar for the evidentiary hearing date.
- PSC Docket No. 12-526 - On November 20, 2012 Delmarva Power & Light filed an application and report with the Commission for the approval of the 2013 Program for the Procurement of Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs). On Dec. 18th the Commission entered Order No. 8254 which set forth a procedural schedule, public comment, intervention and hearing date. Mark Lawrence is designated as the Hearing Examiner for the sole purpose of granting or denying intervention petitions and for admission of counsel pro hac vice. The Commission will hold an evidentiary hearing during its regularly scheduled meeting on January 22, 2013 at 1:00 pm at the Public Service Commission, 861 Silver Lake Blvd., Suite 100, Dover, De. 19904. Staff Report on Delmarva Power and Light Company's Application for Approval of the 2013 Program for the Procurement of Solar Renewable Energy Credits filed January 11, 2013. Comments from Caesar Rodney Institute and DNREC Division of Energy & Climate on the application. The Commission entered Order No. 8281 on Jan. 22 , 2013 approving Delmarva's Application with Staff's recommended changes. The independent consultant, New Energy Opportunities Inc., filed their report evaluating the 2013 Program for the Procurement of Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs), pursuant to Order No. 8281. On September 18, 2013, New Energy Opportunities made a correction to the report on page 47 & 48 to reflect the correct ratio for SRECs. This does not change the calculation or recommendations in the report.
- On September 18, 2012 the Commission entered Order No. 8219 reopening Regulation Docket No. 56 and proposing amendments to the Renewable Energy Portfolio Standards regulations as a result of Order No. 8150, dated May 15, 2012. Persons or entities may file written comments, suggestions, compilations of data, briefs, or other written materials, on or before November 9, 2012, but the last date to submit written comments will be on January 2, 2013. The PSC will conduct a public evidentiary hearing on the new proposed regulations on December 18, 2012 at 1:00 in the PSC 's office. Comments filed were from Mr. Gary Myers on October 31, 2012. Supplemental comments were submitted from Mr. Gary Myers dated December 13, 2012. On December 18, 2012, by Order No. 8256, the Commission approved the proposed rules as final.
- On January 31, 2012, the Commission entered Order No. 8102 approving for March publication in the Register of Regulation and comment the proposed amended revisions to its Rules and Procedures to Implement the Renewable Energy Portfolio Standard. Persons or entities may filed written comments, suggestions, compilations of data, briefs, or other written materials, on or before April 2, 2012. The Commission conducted a public hearing on the proposed revisions to the RPS Rules on Tuesday, April 17, 2012, beginning at 1:00 P.M. at the Commission's office at 861 Silver Lake Boulevard, Cannon Building, Suite 100, Dover, Delaware. Comments filed Washington Gas Energy Services and Mr. Myers. On April 17th, by Order No. 8139, the Commission approved the proposed rules as final.
- On September 16, 2011 Delmarva Power & Light filed an application with the Commission to seek approval of a pilot program for the procurement of solar renewable energy credits (SRECs). For more information please see Docket No. 11-399. The final order was entered December 20, 2011 at the Commission meeting. FOR PROGRAM INFORMATION PLEASE SEE THE FOLLOWING LINK WWW.SRECDELAWARE.COM.
- On September 6, 2011 the Commission entered Order No. 8026 reopening Regulation Docket No. 56 and proposing amendments to the Renewable Energy Portfolio Standards regulations as a result of the recent passage of Senate Bill No. 124 with Senate Amendment No. 1. Persons or entities may file written comments, suggestions, compilations of data, briefs, or other written materials, on or before November 3, 2011. Comments filed were from Washington Gas and Energy Services, Retail Energy Supply Association, Delaware Solar Energy Coalition. A workshop was held on November 29th at 10:00 am in the Public Service Commission Hearing Rm to discuss the comments received. The hearing originally scheduled for December 1st is postponed and will be rescheduled. A follow up workshop was held Jan. 9th, at 10 am in the Public Service Commission Hearing Rm to discuss revisions to the rules. A final Order No. 8150 was entered May 15, 2012.
- On March 22, 2011 the Commission entered Order No. 7933 approving the publishing of the revised Rules and Procedures to implement the Renewable Portfolio Standard.
- On September 17, 2010 the Commission entered Order No. 7834 reopening Regulation Docket No. 56 and proposing amendments to the Renewable Energy Portfolio Standards regulations as a result of the recent passage of Senate Substitute No. 1 for Senate Bill No. 119. Comments filed were from the Retail Energy Supply Association, Vote Solar Initiative, and Washington Gas Energy Services.
- Rules and Procedures to Implement the Renewable Energy Portfolio Standard
- Senate Substitute No. 1 to Senate Bill No. 119 (145th General Assembly amendments to RPS Act) The revisions to the solar alternative compliance payments applies to Compliance Year 2010 and thereafter.
- Senate Bill 328 (144th General Assembly amendments to RPS Act)
- Senate Bill 19 w/House Amendment 1 (144th General Assembly amendments to RPS Act)
- Renewable Energy Portfolio Standards Act
- Environmental Standards for Eligible Energy Resources
- Industrial Exemption Notice (See Section 2.2 of the Rules)
- Delaware RPS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Filing Instructions
- Existing System Bonus(es) Form Note: Existing System Owners who had their facility (Eligible Energy Resource) certified prior to the 2010 Amendment to 26 Del. C. '356, regarding Delaware manufactured equipment and Delaware workforce bonuses, may submit an application, along with the required supporting documentation. If all criteria are met, a new certification number will be issued designating the bonus(es). Please note, the bonus(es) would only apply to RECs/SRECs created after the new certification and not to any prior RECs/SRECs. All requests should be made by completing all applicable sections of the Existing System Bonus form.
- Application for Certification as an Eligible Energy Resource Note: Application now requires supporting documentation for manufactured and workforce bonuses.
- System Addition Change Form Note: Form now requires supporting documentation for manufactured and workforce bonuses. If the Add-On is separately metered a new certification number will be issued for the Add-On and meter readings from both generation meters will have to be submitted to GATS. If the add-on is not separately metered the original system capacity will be increased incrementally by the add-on; the exception is if the original system bonuses were greater than the add-on bonuses the incremental capacity cannot be added to the original system and the add-on cannot be certified. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com or Clishona.firstname.lastname@example.org or Pamela.email@example.com.
- System Ownership Change Form
According to the "Delaware Public Service Commission Rules and Procedures to Implement the Renewable Energy Portfolio Standard", Commission Staff has 30 days after receipt of the application to approve or to advise of any deficiencies.
Links to some auctions and brokers for selling RECs and SRECs
- Flett Exchange
- SREC Trade
- Aggregator & Broker List available on the PJM-EIS website
- GATS document: Avenues to sell RECs/SRECs
The Public Service Commission is not involved in nor does it advocate using any specific method for selling RECs or SRECs and does not recommend any entity.